Kapitonova Elena Anatol'evna, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of criminal law, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), e–email@example.com
Background. Terrorist attacks remain one of the most dangerous forms of crime worldwide. Understanding of any legal phenomenon would be incomplete without a study of its historical development. The paper is aimed at analyzing stages of development of the legal prohibition on terrorism and the identification of regularities in it, reflected in modern law.
Materials and methods. The author used the method of dialectics as a general scientific method of knowledge that allows to study the phenomena and processes of reality in their historical development, as well as private-scientific methods (formal-legal, comparative legal methods and system analysis).
Results. The author considered different periodizations of legal regulation of the prohibition of terrorism in the Russian law, put forward and justified her own point of view on this issue. The provisions of laws of pre-revolutionary and Soviet times were analyzed. Deficiencies in the legal regulation of criminal responsibility at each stage and the patterns of change in its content were identified.
Conclusions. The theoretical propositions, formulated in the study, are aimed at elaboration of recommendations on improving the Russian legislation and are able to raise the level thereof. They can also be used in academic activity and in the educational process of higher professional education establishments of the law sphere, as well as in qualification up-grading of practical staff and scientific-academic personnel in the sphere of jurisprudence.
1. Laqueur W.The new terrorism:Fanatism and arms of mass destruction. New York:Oxford University press, 1999, 312p.
2. Koshel' P.A. Istoriya rossiyskogo terrorizma [The history of Russian terrorism]. Moscow: Golos, 1995, 376p.
3. Grib N. N. Kriminologicheskie aspekty protivodeystviya terrorizmu v sovremennoy Rossii: dis. kand. yurid. nauk [Criminological aspects of terrorism counteraction in modern Russia: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Saint-Petersburg, 2005, 191 p.
4. Budnitskiy O. V. Voprosy filosofii [Philosophical problems]. 2004, no. 5, pp. 171–173.
5. Gorbunov Yu. S. Zhurnal rossiyskogo prava [The Journal of Russian Law]. 2006,no. 12, pp. 98–107.
6. Musaelyan M. F. Istoriya gosudarstva i prava [State and law history]. 2009, no. 13, pp. 27–30.
7. Budnitskiy O. V. Otechestvennaya istoriya [Russian history]. 2004, no. 6, pp. 203–209.
8. Borodin A. M. Pravo i obrazovanie [Law and education]. 2001, no. 3, pp. 112–131.
9. Petrishchev V. E. Zametki o terrorizme [Notes on terrorism]. Moscow: Editorial URSS, 2001, 288 p.
10. Piontkovskiy A. A., Men'shagin V. D. Kurs sovetskogo ugolovnogo prava. Osobennaya chast'. T. 1 [Societ criminal law course. Special part. Vol. 1]. Moscow: Gosyurizdat, 1955, 800 p.
11. SU RSFSR. 1922, no. 15, art. 153.
12. SU RSFSR. 1926, no. 80, art. 600.
13. Vedomosti VS RSFSR [Bulletin of the Supreme Court of RSFSR]. 1960, no. 40, art. 591.
14. Isaeva T. B. Istoriya gosudarstva i prava [State and law history]. 2009, no. 1, pp. 34–36.
15. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 1994, no. 10, art. 1109.